Wednesday, May 07, 2014

LIES ABOUT CATS - PART 2 / MENTIRAS SOBRE GATOS - PARTE 2

 I knew that all my cats lies would come one day to hunt me. Someone who didn't have a cat and ended up with two. Not exactly two: One that was about to became six and the other one that was wondering somewhere. Equals 7!!!!!

By now all my friends new what happened to my friend's cat and also that I payed for a total stranger for a cat that wasn't a neutered male but a pregnant female. So, just after this whole episode, I started getting some funny phone calls:

- Hello? I'm a lost cat! $ 200 bucks and you can have me! ( with a very high pitch voice)

Or:

- Meeeeeoooow...help me! I'm locked with this huge mad men and he wants to kill me if you don't show up here in the next 20 minutes... Meooow  Meooow Meoooooooooooooooooooooow!

Or:

Someone would just play the whole sound track from Andrew Lloid Weber: The lovely musical Cats (One of my favorite plays anyway).

Or:

Some sick person had the gut ( yeah!) to imitate a cat with a bad stomach on the phone, asking for help...

It was endless, things that I can't recall anymore. I deserved it after all. It went on for a long time.

So one fine day the lovely cat gave birth to 5 gorgeous kittens inside husband's closet. He was travelling. I helped her to give birth, a very emotional moment that I never forgot. Actually two things I learned about life through a cat: The whole process of giving birth and sexuality! ( Yeah sexuality will come in a new post). But I never imagine myself helping someone giving birth, that happened so fast that I never blinked, I was fascinated and somehow I managed. It was priceless to see her face after she gave birth and the bond we share from that moment on. She knew she was protected inside that closet, got her a nice box, with blankets, her food and water and littler next to her.

Then reality knocked on the door. I was sick worried about both cats. I lived in a rental home, and every 2 months I had this lady inspecting the house. Plus: Now I have a bunch of cats at home. Plus : the other runaway cat could show up at any moment. And knowing how Murphy's law always worked on my side, I'd never doubt that the runaway cat would knock on my door exactly at the same time when the inspector would show up.
So we went ahead and asked them if we could have cats but they made it clear that we could't have any sort of pet at that house, it was on the contract. So, we had to find a house to that lovely cat. I don't remember being so heart broken in my life! The kids crying when  we found a home for her and the kittens. It was horrible, horrible. And for that reason I never liked that home anymore.

We were still looking for the runaway cat. The shelters and the vet clinics were doing a great job trying to match the one we were looking for. Plus the ads, plus going everywhere trying to find him. But nothing. No luck, the runaway cat didn't showed up. We just had the neighboor's cat that would come once in a while to our home  just to pay us a visit  ( Another episode of my life to tell you folks!).

A few months passed and I went to a street sale just 4 roads down from my house. Met a old friend and this must be a veeeery small town because she kinda new and asked me what happened to the "cats" and we were chatting, she asked questions about the whole thing and I was talking and telling her all about it. We were in this huge house and a lady sitting in the corner was just listening very careful.

She came up to me and said:

Lady -  So have you lost a tiger cat a while ago?

Me: - Yes, ma'am a neutered , declawed male cat.

She went inside and came out with a chubby cat on her arms:

Lady: - Is this your lost cat?

I nearly fainted! There he was right in front of me! All fancied up! With a nice collar and looking happy and comfy. I had to catch my breath!

Lady: Is this your cat?

Me: - Yes! It is my friend's cat.

Lady: - He showed up here sometime ago and got along with my other cat. I put an ad but no one came along.

                                * Not even my friend Guga? The cat expert?

Me: - I don't understand how we missed your ad. We looked for him everywhere.

 Well she wasn't specific about which newspaper she put her ad on. As I never understood how she missed  ours too. But I don't know how long it took the cat to find her, never crossed my mind to ask her. But after that I thought is one of these things of destiny, after all he found a lovely lady that was taking very good care of him.

Lady: Would you like him back? I understand if you do.

   Well I had to explain to her that I had to call his owner, I called her and told the whole truth, that she already new. She couldn't keep the cat and I call the nice lady back saying that she could keep him.  She was very pleased, I was happy that the cat found a new home, a new family and a special brother to play with. And I ended up having no cats after all. It took us another 5 years to have a cat of our own.

I figured after this that I only have 7 lives to put up with my own cat craziness, and by now I was already short of 4 or 5.
More cat tales are yet to come folks!


*********************************************************************************

Mentiras sobre gatos - Parte 2




Eu sabia que todas as minhas mentiras de gatos iriam voltar contra mim qualquer hora. Nem demorou muito viu?. Alguem que não tinha gato algum, acabou ganhando 2. Nao exatamente 2: Um deles iria a qualquer momento se tornar 6 e o outro gato fujão que poderia voltar. A conta total daria 7 gatos!!!!!

E meus amigos já estavam sabendo da história toda. Que paguei para um estranho e ao invés de pegar um gato macho castrado,  acabei com uma gata grávida. E depois de tudo isso eu comecei a receber ligações bem engraçadinhas:

- Alô? Eu sou um gatinho perdido! $200 dólares e voce me recebe de volta! ( Com aquela vozinha bem fininha e irritante).

ou  

-  Miaaaaauuuuuuu...  Me ajude! Fui sequestrado por um homão doido e ele vai me matar se voce não aparecer por aqui nos próximos 20 minutos...  Miaaaauuuuu   Miaaaaauuuu   Miaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuuuuu

ou  

Alguém colocava as músicas do Andrew Lloid Weber do musical Cats para tocar sem parar. Alias um dos musicais que eu mais gostei de assistir.

ou

Um debilóide ficava imitando um gato com dor de barriga pedindo socorro.

Foram inúmeras ligações, eu nem lembro de tudo. Mas até que foi merecido depois da papagaiada que eu consegui aprontar.

Um dia a gata deu a luz a 5 gatinhos fofinhos dentro do guarda-roupas do marido. Ele estava viajando. Eu a ajudei a trazer os gatinhos nesse mundão sem porteiras, momento super especial que eu guardo até hoje . Aliás, duas coisas que eu aprendi com gatos: Todo o processo de dar a luz e sexualidade! ( Essa vai virar um post nesse blog tambem). Mas eu nunca imaginei que pudesse ajudar alguém a dar a luz, aconteceu tão rápido que não tive tempo nem de piscar, fiquei tão fascinada com aquilo tudo e com a maneira que eu tive coragem de poder ajudar. A gata sabia que estava ali no cantinho dela, protegida dentro do armário, deixei uma caixa com cobertores pra ela e os gatinhos, comida, água e a caixinha de areia tudo perto.

Ai a realidade bateu, estava preocupadissima com toda aquela situação dos dois gatos. Morávamos numa casa de aluguel, e a cada 2 meses vinha uma mulher inspecionar a casa se estava tudo em ordem. E eu com aquela montanha de gatos na casa. O gato que fugiu poderia voltar a qualquer momento, e como a Lei de Murphy me persegue era bem possível que ele voltasse bem na hora que a mulher da inspeção apertasse a campainha.
Ligamos para a imobiliária para saber se podiamos ficar com o gato e fomos avisados que não tinhamos nem permissão para ter qualquer tipo de animal dentro daquela casa. Então começou o doloroso processo de encontrar um outro dono para a gata e seus filhotes, acho que não me lembro de passar por uma situação tão horrivel como essa, achamos uma casa para ela e os gatinhos e foi ainda mais horrivel, as crianças chorando e eu nunca mais gostei de viver naquela casa.

Ainda tinha o gato fujão pra correr atras, as clínicas e alojamentos de gatos nos ajudaram bastante a tentar localizá-lo, fora as propagandas e as caminhadas pela vizinhança toda atras dele. E nada. Sorte alguma, nada dele aparecer. Só o gato da vizinha que as vezes aparecia lá em casa do nada. ( Outro episódio da minha vida que preciso contar).

Alguns meses depois, eu estava numa rua ( 4 ruas da minha) onde estava acontecendo várias garage sales na vizinhança. Encontrei uma amiga e eita que mundinho pequeno, ela também sabia de todo o ocorrido e começou a fazer perguntas, comecei a falar de tudo que aconteceu. Estavamos dentro de uma garagem de uma casa imensa e uma senhora estava sentada num cantinho só prestando atenção na nossa conversa. Ela veio em minha direção e disse:

Senhora: - Então voce perdeu um gato listrado um tempo atras?

Eu: - Sim, um macho castrado e sem unhas.

Ela entrou na casa dela e trouxe um gato fofo nos braços.

Senhora: - Este é o seu gato perdido?

Eu quase desmaiei! Lá estava ele bem na minha frente. Todo pomposo com um colar bonito e parecendo feliz e `a vontade. Perdi o ar!

Senhora: - É o seu gato?

Eu: - Sim, o gato da minha amiga.

Senhora: - Ele apareceu aqui um tempo atras, e ficou amigo do meu gato. Coloquei um anúncio mas ninguém ligou.

    *  Nem mesmo o meu amigo Guga? O entendido de gatos?

Eu: - Não entendo como não vimos o seu anúncio. Nós procuramos por ele por toda parte.

Ela não disse que tipo de anúncio fez. E tambem não entendi como ela não viu o nosso. E também não sei quanto tempo o gato levou para encontrar a casa dela, nem perguntei. Pensei que fosse aquelas coisas do destino, afinal o gato encontrou essa pessoa super bacana que estava cuidando tão bem dele.

Senhora: - Voce o quer de volta? Eu entendo se voce quiser.

Então expliquei que tinha que ligar para a verdadeira dona do gato, liguei e disse toda a verdade, o que ela já sabia. Disse que tinha encontrado o bichano mas ela não podia mais ficar com ele.  Liguei para a outra senhora e disse que ela poderia ficar com o bichano. Ela ficou bem contente,  eu tambem, pois ele achou uma casa legal , uma familia bacana e um irmão para brincar. E eu estranhamente acabei ficando sem gato algum. Levou 5 anos para a gente comprar uma casa e adotar um gato.

Ai conclui que eu tinha 7 vidas para suportar essa minha vida louca com os gatos. E que por agora depois dessa maluquice toda só restou umas 4 ou 5 vidas.
E mais assunto de gatos ainda estar por vir meus amigos!






No comments:

Post a Comment